Exhibit memorializes fallen veterans

The City College LRC is hosting a photographic memorial to fallen veterans during Constitution Week.

Carla Zuniga

A photographic tribute to fallen veterans is on display at the City College LRC. By Carla Zuniga.

Carla Zuniga, Staff Writer

A week-long memorial exhibit to honor and remember fallen veterans is on display during Constitution Week 2018.

The history and political science departments, along with the Learning Resource Center, have partnered with Patriotic Productions Inc. to bring the photographic exhibit, which features the United States military service members who lost their lives since Sept. 11, 2001.

Personal photos and military portraits of the fallen veterans are on display on the exhibit floor of the LRC.

This tribute to the veterans is one of four projects that Patriotic Productions Inc. sponsor throughout the country. They also fly veterans to see their memorials, hold a yearly summit and film short stories of those who lived through the war.

The exhibit will be available until Friday Sept. 21 By Carla Zuniga.

The nonprofit organization was founded by Bill & Evonne Williams of Omaha, Nebraska. Their mission is “to honor the memory of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, to provide comfort to friends and family of the fallen, and to remind others of the tremendous cost paid by some.

“It’s legacy will be that these men and women will never be forgotten, and that their names will be remembered.”

Remembering Our Fallen will run Monday-Thursday, from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the LRC.

For more information, contact Professor Peter D. Haro, Department of History and Political Science, San Diego City College at 619-388-3095 or [email protected] or Erin Flanagan, Acting Information Officer, San Diego City College at 619-388-3911 or [email protected]

For additional information on the memorial, please visit:  www.rememberingourfallen.org.