New year, new semester, new buildings at City College

The spring 2019 semester kicks off at City College today

Back to Article
Back to Article

School is back in session at San Diego City College and the rest of the San Diego Community College District schools, which expect approximately 64,000 students for the spring 2018 term. Jonny Rico, City Times

Jonny Rico

Jonny Rico

Jonny Rico

Jonny Rico, Editor-in-Chief

School is back in session at San Diego City College and the rest of the San Diego Community College District schools today.

Approximately 64,000 are expected at City College, San Diego Mesa College and Miramar College, according to a district news release.

The spring semester will see City College officially open the doors to several new buildings — the A, D and T buildings.

“The upgraded A Building includes 52,000 square feet of student service space,” said the email release from the district. “Renovation of the D Building includes a new roof that will be transformed into student and faculty gathering areas with outdoor furnishings and landscaping.

“The T Building modernization provides a new home for the engineering department and space for machine technology and a technology incubator.”

Students who have not yet enrolled in classes are still encouraged to do so, as professors can give add codes depending on class sizes.